As a My Hope Volunteer, you can serve the Lord in your community using the unique gifts and talents God has given to you. Just like in the body of the church, My Hope has different roles to match God’s giftings.
My Hope Area Team
As a volunteer, you will be a part of a My Hope Area Team. A My Hope Area Team is a called group of Christians who are passionate about Jesus, evangelism, and their community. They see the My Hope model of evangelism as a powerful way for churches to proclaim the Gospel to the lost in a relevant way.
At the core of the Area Team are relationships. Relationships give us opportunity to encourage one another and to be encouraged by others. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10)
Area Team members are in relationship for their own benefit and the benefit of others:
- God has placed you and called you to your family, church, place of employment, neighborhood, and city for such a time as this. (Esther 4:14)
- As a member of your community, you are more aware of local news and current events, which can direct your prayers.
- Each member of the team attends a local congregation and will bring an understanding of the impact each church has on the community.
- My Hope teams develop and maintain good relationships (full of encouragement and understanding) with pastors, church leaders, and Christians who participate in My Hope.
- Team members are in relationship with each other. Serving alone is difficult and can be discouraging. When Jesus sent out His disciples He sent them out in twos (Mark 6:7; Luke 10:1). Both joy and times of difficulties are better when shared. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, Philippians 2:2, 1 John 1:4, 2 John 1:12)
Opportunities for Gifts to be Used
Working in teams allows individuals to complement one another and benefit from one another’s gifts. The Area Team strategy allows team members who are passionate about evangelism to use their gifts in support of evangelism in a particular assigned area. Just like there are many different roles and giftings within the local church (1 Corinthians 12:12), the tasks within the My Hope initiative are done much more effectively as a team, comprised of people with many diverse gifts. Without Area Teams My Hope would be less effective in carrying out its mission to encourage and equip the local church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Within an Area Team there are four teams on which to serve:
Church Engagement – Talking with pastors and leaders about My Hope and providing materials
Parachurch Engagement – Talking with leaders of prisons, rescue missions, teen ministries, etc. about My Hope and providing materials
Prayer Team – Passionately praying for the lost, the local church, our nation, and My Hope
Logistics/Administration – Maintaining the database, ordering materials, and organizing information
Yes! I want to become a My Hope Area Team Member.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, there are three easy steps to becoming a My Hope volunteer:
- Complete the Online Application
- Interview with the State Coordinator and/or Area Team Leader
- Receive a clear background check report
Thank you for partnering with My Hope. We look forward to seeing what God will do in America through My Hope.